“When you’ve done it unto the least of these you’ve done it unto me.” -Jesus
November 25, 2019
Dear Members and Friends,
“I am here with Good News for you…” (Luke 2:10) This proclamation by the angel to the shepherds set the tone for all that was to follow.
- CHRISTMAS IS GOOD NEWS
- OUR SAVIOR’S BIRTH IS GOOD NEWS
- “GOD WITH US” IS GOOD NEWS
- OUR MESSAGE TO THE WORLD IS GOOD NEWS
- OUR MINISTRY TOGETHER AS A CHURCH IS GOOD NEWS
The Good News proclaimed to the shepherds was a wonderful gift…the first of many gifts associated with the Christmas story. No wonder Christmas has inspired a generous gift-giving spirit. Many of you will give gifts in the coming days. As you make your shopping list, I invite you to prayerfully consider giving a gift, above and beyond your regular giving, to the Good News ministry of your church. This year’s Christmas offering will go for three worthy causes all of which help to spread Good News.
- 25% to the Ministers and Missionaries “Thank-You” offering
- 25% to the Transformation Ministries’ Emergency Relief Fund for Pastors experiencing a need or crisis.
- 50% to our Deacon’s Fellowship Fund which helps people in our church and community in need.
Your gift to the Christmas offering during the month of December is a gift to share the Good News of God’s love to the world that is touched in so many ways by our ministry together. Thank you in advance for the Good News of your response. May you have a blessed and peaceful season celebrating the birth of our Savior.
In the Joy of Christmas,
Pastor Barry Lovett