Pictured Above: Brianna, Brandon, Nathaniel, Jody & Barry
Barry and Jody met while attending Abington Judson University. The summer of 1975 they were both selected to represent the university on the Summer Reach Out Team http://foxymorons.com/paste-2 CHRISMA. The following summer they were married. After graduating in 1977 they traveled for one year full time with the music group “One More Reason”. Jody’s recording album, http://livelifepursuehappy.com/ww.youtube.com/embed/X4KYC9aVIgg Blessed are the Children was produced by John Innes, accompanist for the Billy Graham Crusades.
Jody retired in june of 2021 from teaching music at Hawaii Baptist Academy. where she was also the Director of the Eagle Choir. The Lovett’s have three children. Brandon, also a graduate of Judson University, resides in Indiana with his wife Savanna. Nathaniel, a graduate of the University of Hawaii, resides in Michigan with his wife Sarah and son Jackson. Brianna, also a graduate of UH, resides in California with her husband Kolomona Wilson-Ku and their son Jordy and daughter Ella.
Dr. Lovett is also on staff of The American Baptist Churches Los Angeles, Southwest and Hawaii as a Resource Minister for Hawaii.
Biking (motorcycle), Hiking, Landscaping, Guitar, The Symphony, Photography.
Music- all kinds, especially Hawaiian. TV Shows – Blue Bloods and the old black & white episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. Food – Seafood. Restaurant – Red Lobster. Drink – Pina-colada smoothie. Movies – Comedies. Pastime – The beach, mountains, Hawaiian sunsets, flowers.
- Judson University, Elgin, IL, attended 9/74 -6/77, major: Human Relations, Degree: BA
- Taylor University, Upland IN, attended post term 1975
- Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas TX, attended summer 1980
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL, attended 9/80-6/81
- Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL, attended 9/81-6/86, major: New Testament, degree: Masters of Divinity
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA, attended 6/94-6/01, major: Church Growth, degree: Doctor of Ministry
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Grow Scholar, Center of Renewal of the Churches, Northern Baptist Seminary, Chicago, IL
- Evangelism Award, American Baptist Churches of the Great Rivers Region
- DR BARRY LOVETT DAY PROCLAMATION, Neil Abercrombie, Governor, State of Hawaii, February 17, 2013
- Recognized for 40+ Years of Pastoral Ministry, by Dr. Samuel Chetti, Executive Minister of the American Baptist Churches of Los Angeles, the Southwest and Hawaii, at the Annual Meeting of the Hawaii Association of American Baptists, October 2017.
- Celebrating 17 years as Pastor of First Baptist Church of Honolulu, February 2020.
In the early 1990’s, while pastoring in Kewanee, IL, Barry was the program host for a listener supported radio program called “Words of Life” that aired for one hour seven nights a week. Click below to listen.