PLEASE NOTE: THE DEAD LINE FOR SIGNING UP TO BE PART OF THE TRIP HAS PAST, BUT YOU CAN STILL BE PART OF THE PRAYER TEAM PRAYING FOR THIS MISSION TRIP. CONTACT: SHARON DUMAS SHRNDUMAS@GMAIL.COM. 808-277-7801
Join us as we dedicate the new Mission Center of Our “Adopted” Church in Burundi August 20, 2017
The trip to Burundi, Summer 2017, is sponsored by First Baptist Church Honolulu and American Baptist International Ministries.
Purpose of Trip
- To dedicate the Mission Center FBCH built for our “adopted” church in Muyinga, Burundi. The building will serve as both the home of the Urukundo Church and as a Community Center.
- Discern ways we can continue to support our mission center and the Muyinga Community
- Minister to the leaders of the church
- Tuesday Aug. – 15 Leave Honolulu
- Wednesday Aug. – 16 Leave East coast
- Thursday Aug. 17 – Arrive in Bujumbura
- Fri Aug. 18 – Tour Bujumbura
- Sat. Aug. 19 – Drive to Muyinga
- Sunday Aug. 20 – Dedicate church
- Monday Aug. 21 – Meet with leaders/tour church and town
- Tuesday Aug. 22 – Tour surrounding area
- Wednesday Aug. 23 – Team splits, some leave for U. S. some go to Kayanza to teach, Sharon stays in Muyinga to visit children
- Thursday Aug 24 – Team splits, same as Wednesday
- Friday Aug. 25 – All return to Bujumbura Probably will teach one-half day before return to Bujumbura
- Saturday Aug. 26 – Bujumbura shopping/sightseeing; some leave for U. S.
- Sunday Aug. 27 – Worship in Bujumbura
- Monday Aug. 28 – Leave for U. S.*
*Earlier return dates available
Actual cost depends on the number of people going and the length of their stay. If there is extra money at the end of the trip, it will be refunded or given to Muyinga for ministry. Airfare $2500.00. Visa $90.00. In country $150.00 per day (Includes, room, board and in country transportation)
FOR MORE PICTURES VISIT OUR PHOTO GALLERY
Suggested Panda Travel Itinerary
- Day 1 Honolulu – Washington Dulles.
- Day 2 (Monday), Washington Dulles – Ethiopia Addis Ababa, Jul/18 (Tuesday)
- Day 3 Ethiopia Addis Ababa – Rwanda Kigali – Burundi Bujumbura
- Day 1 Burundi Bujumbura – Rwanda Kigali – Ireland Dublin, Jul/28 (Friday)
- Day 2 Ireland Dublin – Washington Dulles (Overnight on own)
- Day 3), Washington Dulles – Honolulu
Passport: Must be valid for 6 months after return. Must have 6 empty pages. You will need to send your passport to the Embassy in June to obtain the visa. More details later.
- Stated expenses do not include: Passport fees. Overnight stays in U. S. Travel insurance. Immunizations. Personal Expenses.
- Deadline to Sign Up: May 15, 2017. In country fees ($150.00 a day) are due on May 15.)
- Purchasing Airline Ticket: Participants can buy their own airfare or ask Sharon Dumas to buy it. Ticket must be bought before you submit the visa application in June.
For More Information
Contact: Sharon Dumas firstname.lastname@example.org. 808-277-7801