Discover God’s role in counseling; how we can see what he sees, hear what he says and do what he does. Learn practical skills in becoming more thoughtful in understanding people and caring to those who are struggling. Whether you are a pastor, counselor or church member, this conference is for you!
- Heath Lambert, Executive Director at the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, the largest biblical counseling organization in the world with certified counselors and counseling training centers in seventeen countries. He serves as Associate Professor of Biblical Counseling at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and their undergraduate institution, Boyce College. Dr. Lambert is the Associate Dean for Applied Studies and the chairman of the department of biblical counseling at Boyce College. He is a founding council board member of The Biblical Counseling Coalition and has written numerous scholarly articles for various academic journals.
- David Powlison, Executive Director at Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation and editor of The Journal of Biblical Counseling. Dr. Powlison worked for four years in psychiatric hospitals, during which time he came to faith in Christ. He has been doing biblical counseling for over 30 years and has written numerous articles on counseling and on the relationship between faith and psychology. His books include Speaking Truth in Love; Seeing with New Eyes; Power Encounters: Reclaiming Spiritual Warfare; and The Biblical Counseling Movement: History and Context. He has also taught across the United States and in Korea, India, Brazil, Europe, and Sri Lanka.
Friday, January 9
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. Registration
- 7:00-7:45 p.m. Session 1: Making the Case for Biblical Counseling Ministry
- 7:45-8:00 p.m. Break
- 8:00-8:45 p.m. Session 2: The Power of Christ to Bring Comfort & Change
Saturday, January 10
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00-9:45 a.m. Session 3: The Power of Christ to Bring Change & Comfort
9:45-10:30 a.m. Session 4: Thinking Biblically About People and Problems
10:30-10:45 a.m. Break
10:45-11:30 a.m. Session 5: The Hard Problem of Anxiety: A Case Study
11:30 a.m. -12:15 p.m. Session 6: How Do We Care Well and Wisely for a Struggling Person?
12:15-2:00 pm Q & A Lunch with Heath Lambert & David Powlison ($5 admission: also includes David Powlison’s book, Seeing with New Eyes) * Light refreshments will be provided during registrations and breaks.
For More Information and to register visit: http://waterhouselecture.org/biblical-counseling/